Ending Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics Faculty Requirement for Pediatric Residency Programs—Desperate Times Do Not Justify Desperate Actions
Tanya E. Froehlich, MD, MS; Adiaha Spinks-Franklin, MD, MPH; Dimitri A. Christakis, MD, MPH
Read full article
SDBP Members: Address the Crisis in Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics (DBP) Care Through SDBP’s Taskforce On Workforce (Tow): Join Now!
- SDBP Members: Task force on Workforce (TOW) 2023 - sign up now!
- HELP MOVE the HEADs UP Act of 2023
- SDBP signs on to support funding for the Pediatric Subspecialty Loan Repayment Program - letters to the House and Senate!
- DBP: Critical for Pediatric Health Outcomes
- SDBP Complex ADHD Clinical Practice Guideline
- Society for Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics Position Statement on Telehealth published in JDBP.
- SDBP Online Educational Package: Management Of Complex ADHD
- Past President, Carol Weitzman talks with CNN - video and interview!
- SDBP Recommendations for the Biden-Harris Administration in the Service of Children and Families
- SDBP Stands Against Racism
- Anti-Racism Resources from our Members
- SDBP Statement: Separation of children from families at the border
- International Collaborative Office Rounds 2 (iCOR2)
- SDBP response to USPSTF draft recommendation on screening for ASD in young children
- The General Pediatrician and Screening for Postpartum Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs) Webinar
- COVID-19 Resources
SDBP offers an online focused package on the Management of Complex Attention-Deficit /Hyperactivity Disorder. Aimed at improving the care of ADHD and coexisting conditions, this package includes a curated toolkit of resources to help support your clinical practice.
Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics is for YOU!
We have 43 ACGME-accredited fellowship training programs all around the country from which to choose - check out the programs!
JDBP Current Issue
|Editor-in-Chief:||Lee M. Pachter, DO|
|Frequency:||9 issues / year|
|Ranking:|| Behavioral Science 41/53
- Complex Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in a Bilingual Child with Down Syndrome and Intellectual DisabilityCASE: Maria is an 8-year-old girl with Down syndrome, described by her mother as an affectionate and social child, who was referred to developmental-behavioral pediatrics by her pediatrician because of increasing aggressive behaviors and inattention. Maria was 5 pounds at birth, delivered full-term by cesarean section, and hospitalized for 1 month after delivery because of […]
- Cognition, Academic Achievement, Adaptive Behavior, and Quality of Life in Child and Adolescent Boys with Klinefelter SyndromeAbstract: Objective: Klinefelter syndrome (KS; 47, XXY), the most common sex chromosome aneuploidy in males, is characterized by testicular failure and testosterone deficiency as well as a variety of cognitive, social, and emotional challenges. In the current study, we aimed to clarify the cognitive-behavioral profile of peripubertal boys with KS using measures of cognition, academic […]
- Changes Over Time in Outcomes of School-Age Children and Parents Receiving Integrated Mental Health Care in Federally Qualified Health CentersABSTRACT: Objective: The purpose of this study is to understand change in parent-reported outcomes of mental health symptoms, health-related quality of life (QoL), and school-related functioning among children receiving mental health care at 3 federally qualified health centers engaging in a comprehensive pediatric mental health integration model. Methods: Trained personnel enrolled English- or Spanish-speaking families […]
- “She Is Stand-Offish Like That”: Black Adults' Recognition of Child Behaviors Associated with Autism Spectrum DisorderAbstract: Objective: The purpose of this study is to identify the sociocultural factors in the Black community that contribute to a delay in identification of Black children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Methods: Four focus groups with parents of typically developing children were conducted at 2 Black Churches using a community-partnered participatory research approach and […]