Practice Issues Committee
|Co-Chairs:||Britt Nielsen, PsyD
(term expires 2018)
MetroHealth Medical Center
|David O’Banion, MD|
(term expires 2019)
Emory, Morehouse, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Hughes Spalding Campus
The goal of the Practice Issues Committee is to promote successful, best practice, interprofessional DBPeds care. Current issues include the viability of DBP practice, especially given changes in the healthcare landscape. Additional areas of interest for the PI Committee are quality improvement, maintenance of certification, and use of tools to promote efficient and effective care.
The PI Committee is working on the specific goals outlined in the recent SDBP Strategic Plan as they relate to:
- RESEARCH GOAL OBJECTIVE 4
To promote application of research into clinical practice
- Identify gaps in DBpeds translational research and recommend a way to close the gaps Members of the PI Committee will connect with the Research Committee on this objective.
- EDUCATION GOAL OBJECTIVE 1
Develop and promote DBP curricula for application in multiple fields across the continuum of professional education.
- Identify components of curriculum that can be delivered to CME/CEU for primary care providers. Members of the PI Committee will connect with Education Committee on this objective.
- VIABILITY GOAL OBJECTIVE 2
Establishing Benchmarks and Models of Care Create and promote empirically driven, efficient, high quality and sustainable models of care Committee(s)
- Establish benchmarks of care Collaboration with DBPNet on benchmarks and the American Board of Pediatrics in the development of the performance improvement module (PIM) on specific topics relevant to DBP (Reimbursement PIM a possible topic).
Useful Resouces/External Links
- Section on Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics (SODBP) of AAP
The Practice Management section of the website compiles relevant practice management resources related to DBP topics.
- AAP Professional Resources: Practice Transformation
This webpage has AAP tools and resources to help practices care for and communicate with their patients. These include Care Coordination Resources, Billing and Payment, Culturallly Effective Care Toolkit etc. Many are free, some require AAP membership to access (also for free).
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement
IHI uses the Model for Improvement as the framework to guide improvement work. There are extensive resources to guide QI frameworks available, including tools, measures and publications.